Councillor for St Davids
Diana has become a popular and hard working councillor for St David’s ward. She was elected with a massive majority in 2019. Diana is a familiar face in St David's, meeting residents to listen to their views and working with them to take action. She has had many achievements in the ward including:
- Working alongside the local community to help set up and run a support service during lockdown.
- Helping many local residents to deal with issues ranging from domestic abuse and housing needs to anti-social behaviour, litter and graffiti.
- Presenting a petition on behalf of over 2000 Exeter residents - many from St David's - calling on Labour-led Exeter City Council to ’stop developers destroying historic Exeter.’
- Gaining broad agreement on the need for an anti-racism strategy and training for all councillors.
Diana is Co-leader of the Progressive Group on Exeter City Council: Greens working cooperatively with two Liberal Democrat councillors and an Independent. With the Conservatives providing feeble opposition, the Progressive Group have provided robust scrutiny to the Labour dominated council. The Progressive Group have stood up for the concerns of local residents including:
- Winning a review of the Community Infrastructure Levy – a sum paid by developers towards local facilities and services, and previously offered at 50% discount to developers of luxury student flats, which have mushroomed in St David's in recent years.
- Putting forward a motion proposing planning guidance for Labour’s ‘Co-living’ schemes – rebranded student housing and offering tiny, cramped and unaffordable accommodation for Exeter residents.
- Presenting a motion to Exeter City Council calling on councillors to back a fair proportional voting system for local elections. This was blocked by Labour and Conservative councillors.
- Proposing amendments to the Labour budget which would have provided funding for reopening public toilets. This was rejected.
Diana is an experienced business advisor, working with social enterprises, charities and councils.
Councillor for St Davids
Amy is a fresh face in the Green Party. After being voted as regional Chair and Co-Coordinator for the South West in 2020, she was selected and won in Exeter St David's ward in May 2021.
She loves meeting residents and helping solve their issues and challenges in her ward. Amy works on the customer focus scrutiny committee, the transport working group and is a director of Exeter Business Centre.
Amy has a diverse range of experience in hospitality, small business management, the creative industries and film accounting.
Volunteer With Us
We are powered by a group of wonderful volunteers behind the scenes.
Perhaps you can help with the following?
- Delivering Newsletters
- Design (Newsletters, Campaign Materials)
- Organisation (Ward Teams, Newsletter Rounds)
- Research (Local issues, policy)
- Data Entry
If you're interested, we'd love to hear from you so please get in touch.