Councillor for St Davids
Diana has become a popular and hard working councillor for St David’s ward. She was elected with a massive majority in 2019. Diana is a familiar face in St David's, meeting residents to listen to their views and working with them to take action. She has had many achievements in the ward including:
- Working alongside the local community to help set up and run a support service during lockdown.
- Helping many local residents to deal with issues ranging from domestic abuse and housing needs to anti-social behaviour, litter and graffiti.
- Presenting a petition on behalf of over 2000 Exeter residents - many from St David's - calling on Labour-led Exeter City Council to ’stop developers destroying historic Exeter.’
- Gaining broad agreement on the need for an anti-racism strategy and training for all councillors.
Diana is Co-leader of the offical opposition Progressive Group on Exeter City Council: Greens working cooperatively with two Liberal Democrat councillors and an Independent.
The Progressive Group have stood up for the concerns of local residents including:
- Winning a review of the Community Infrastructure Levy – a sum paid by developers towards local facilities and services, and previously offered at 50% discount to developers of luxury student flats, which have mushroomed in St David's in recent years.
- Putting forward a motion proposing planning guidance for Labour’s ‘Co-living’ schemes – rebranded student housing and offering tiny, cramped and unaffordable accommodation for Exeter residents.
- Presenting a motion to Exeter City Council calling on councillors to back a fair proportional voting system for local elections. This was blocked by Labour and Conservative councillors.
- Proposing amendments to the Labour budget which would have provided funding for reopening public toilets. This was rejected.
Diana is an experienced business advisor, working with social enterprises, charities and councils.